• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question about linking Steam version to Yo Yo account

R

Rattlejaw

I recently downloaded the free version of GMS2 for PC a month ago from Yo Yo's website and have been learning the software. Right now the PC GMS2 version is on sale at Steam for 20% off. My question is, if I buy it from Steam, then come to my Yo Yo account and then link my Yo Yo account to Steam, will it automatically unlock the free version I already have installed, that I've been using, to the full version for PC? Will I be able to use my current GMS2 software without having to go through Steam or will I always have to open up GMS2 through Steam?

I'm kind of confused because I've heard so many things about it. I've read at other places where some said stay away from the Steam version.