• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question about exporting project

G

GonZa

Hi, I have recently been making a game in the trial version of gms 2. I was wondering if my friend sitting on a different computer with the same gms2 version installed is able to open up my game if I zip all my sprites, sounds etc etc and send him the exported project file together with the zip folder?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
you will need to send the whole directory structure (the YYP file is just the main part of the project) - you are better to Export as a YYZ (which is a Zip file with everything in it) to give it to your friend so he/she can import it into GMS2

Russell