• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Question about color and scaling

J

jason_Evans

Hey all, so I am working on my game to have scaling factors in game and within options, and I have codes to change a sprite color in an options room, but the getpixel thinks that the resolution is always the room default even with surface application changes and display resets etc.

All of the codes work flawless (within their known functions of course). Its only how to get the draw_getpixel(ext) and the make color_rgb codes to see that the surface in fact did change from default.
So, when I test it with mouse_x and mouse_y to get pixel color and draw text debug it, you can tell its way off with x and y and when I actually go to the default scale it does work as intended.

This tells me that the codes are not seeing any other resolution than default.

This may be a simple solution, but cannot wrap around it atm. Even took a few days off lol.
Any thoughts?

J

jason_Evans

Only the application_surface at the moment. I am trying to work around not using surfaces for my sprites because 1. They are vectored 2. I need animation capabilities that hold the blending and that is not something I have been able to work through yet. BUT....what I am doing atm is separating the color bar with independent sprites and arraying them so when you click on the mask on any of them, it will jump to the correct one and then with the character sprite, having the same shades in an array sprite that just holds the value and loads when game load etc. Its working so far so this may not be an issue anymore since this is a workaround that seems to be not bad as of now. It does affect the framerate, but I can simply delta time that since there will be movement and animations etc and see how that goes. Thanks for the reply! I usually find out much more before I get answers so I dont post too much :p