QRM KILLERCODE [CANCELLED]

John Andrews

Living Enigma
QRM KILLERCODE

---QRM KILLERCODE---

--Story--

Long ago, a very powerful politican was suspended from his charge because of corruption, since then, he has been seeking revenge upon his country, once he achieved the feat through hacking informatic systems to control robotic polices, sentries, and national bank system, he has total power over the country again, it is up to the QRM Military organization to finish this Corrupt politican reign, once and for all.

--Mechanics--

Mainly side scroller shooter, but will include defense based turret placement and vehicle usage.

-04/11/2016-
I had an idea, I just started the GMS and did some of the stuff I know, created some sprites, coded a bit, and the result was good, I created a player, movable in the directions of UP, DOWN, RIGHT & LEFT, as a 2.5D sidescroller shooter game, the player can have 5 diferent helmets and 10 guns.

-05/11/2016-
Having problems with the 2.5D, I cant figure out how to make proper walls, if i'm inside a wall, then the bullet is destroyed, I tried fixing that by ignoring the wall when the wall y position was lesser than the bullet starting y position, however, every wall above the starting position will be ignored by the bullet, so it's pretty messed up, added 1+ helmet sprite and 7+ guns.

-06/11/2016-
Eliminated 2.5D system, now the 2.5D will be much simplier and better functional, now the player can go in the directions of LEFT & RIGHT and can also jump now, added 6+ guns, 4 of them explosive guns, and 1 of them is a special type of gun that can only be fired when locked to an enemy, tilesets are being made so the game is less ugly than it is now.

-09/11/2016-
Added a provisional pseudo 3D effect I learned to do in Geometry Dash :'(, So it could be considered 2.5D that only affects graphics, although it looks very confusing

-10/11/2016-
I will stay with that pseudo 3D effect, a demo [0.0.0.1] has been released.

-15/11/2016-
Created a custom blood particle system effect, added turrets, enemies(no AI yet) & added 2 new guns.

-16/11/2016-
Added a simple AI for enemies, a sighting system based on the distance between the mouse and the player, accuracy system, damage system for bullets, destroyable helmets(which may be a thing I will remove)

-19/11/2016-
Created an explosion system, explosions with X force may send you and other objects around flying!

-4/12/2016-
Added debris(using the prop base) and now props can be in a fiery state, added force to bullets which is used to move farther the props

-8/12/2016-
Added railgun, it's so buggy it doesn't damage enemies

-9/12/2016-
Fixed railgun bugs, now it damages enemies.

-8/01/2017-
New ideas for the game, Page description totally changed.

-9/01/2017-
Added 2 guns, recoil system, and a new railgun, with higher recoil but more damage, helmet's resistance and damage system has been remade.

-10/01/2017-
Started making the demo level, need to balance and rebalance design, mechanisms, and enemy behaviour.

-11/01/2017-
2.5D engine redesigned, now it looks even more 3D, without using the 3D engine

Last edited:
G

Gerald Tyler

John, not much to leave feedback on.
You can move left, right, jump, and make a very jarring sound effect which causes frame rate drop if the mouse button is held down.

There's needs to be more before you can really call it a demo and get constructive criticism on it. Looking forward to what you come up with =)

Last edited by a moderator:

John Andrews

Living Enigma
John, not much to leave feedback on.
You can move left, right, jump, and make a very jarring sound effect which causes frame rate drop if the mouse button is held down.

There's needs to be more before you can really call it a demo and get constructive criticism on it. Looking forward to what you come up with =)
Thaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!! that's enough feedback for me :) :) :)
Also that demo is outdated, I've added lots'a features as of today, but this is REALLY undeveloped so yeah :)

G

Gerald Tyler

Thaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!! that's enough feedback for me :) :) :)
Also that demo is outdated, I've added lots'a features as of today, but this is REALLY undeveloped so yeah :)
Also since you're doing a shooting platformer, the ability to rocket or grenade jump would be a natural fit if you program it with physics. Maybe a grapple hook gun? Also stuff like ducking, or a slide if you hit duck while running...all while still being able to shoot of course =)
Definitely look to Metroid and Shadow Complex for inspiration, those are two very successful shooter + platforming hybrids. Even if you don't want to purchase the games, you can always watch a Let's Play of them.

Cheers =)

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Also since you're doing a shooting platformer, the ability to rocket or grenade jump would be a natural fit if you program it with physics. Maybe a grapple hook gun? Also stuff like ducking, or a slide if you hit duck while running...all while still being able to shoot of course =)
Definitely look to Metroid and Shadow Complex for inspiration, those are two very successful shooter + platforming hybrids. Even if you don't want to purchase the games, you can always watch a Let's Play of them.

Cheers =)
Oh thanks for the ideas! actually I'm taking inspiration from PB2, and I dont know about physics, I'm not too good at it, though I could program the ability to rocket/grenade jump very easily, And I'll try to add the crouching thing, sliding I don't know yet, but it's a possibility, and the grapple hook thing is going to be a mission thing, not actually an ability, it's going to be a story mode game, and yet again, thanks for the feedback! :)