Windows Qbit

J

JollyLemon

Qbit is a short and fun platformer game in which you play as an interdimensional cube named Qbit. Help Qbit defeat evil ghosts and reach the finish line!

The game consists of 7 main levels with an easy to moderate difficulty level.

CONTROLS: LEFT/RIGHT ARROW KEYS: Use these keys to move.

UP ARROW KEY: Use this key to jump.

DOWN ARROW KEY: While standing on a platform, use this key to fall down.

*Music by Eric Matyas (www.soundimage.org)

*Sound effects from www.bfxr.net

DOWNLOAD: https://jollylemon.itch.io/qbit

BTW this is my first game that I have ever published, so any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated!

Screenshots:
Qbit logolikeabaws 2.png

qbit screenshot2.PNG

screenshot3.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ConsolCWBY

Wow. That's really hard! LOL! I think it's a really great first effort! The platforming controls feel snappy and easy to get used to. The lack of a score and save points:
Scoring helps to give a player incentive to keep playing. I could see someone not liking this because they won't have any 'bragging-rights' or comparison to other players. (If scores aren't necessary - then a timer would be nice to compare how long it takes to complete a level!) Save points would make a game like this easier (maybe you DO have them, and I just didn't get far enough into the game - but I couldn't finish the first level in my first 15 minutes of play time... I WILL KEEP TRYING THO - THE MACHINE SHALL NOT WIN! lol) But except those 2 things, this is a REALLY COOL first game! I can't wait to see your next! Now, excuse me, I need to defeat this comp! :)

J

JollyLemon

Wow. That's really hard! LOL! I think it's a really great first effort! The platforming controls feel snappy and easy to get used to. The lack of a score and save points:
Scoring helps to give a player incentive to keep playing. I could see someone not liking this because they won't have any 'bragging-rights' or comparison to other players. (If scores aren't necessary - then a timer would be nice to compare how long it takes to complete a level!) Save points would make a game like this easier (maybe you DO have them, and I just didn't get far enough into the game - but I couldn't finish the first level in my first 15 minutes of play time... I WILL KEEP TRYING THO - THE MACHINE SHALL NOT WIN! lol) But except those 2 things, this is a REALLY COOL first game! I can't wait to see your next! Now, excuse me, I need to defeat this comp! :)
Thank you so much for your response! And yes, I'm still a noob when it comes to programming so that's probably why I had problems implementing a scoring and saving system (or maybe I was just too lazy who knows). My main focus when making this game was level design, I tried to make the levels fun (and a bit difficult because clearly people like raging, right???). This game was also a learning curve for me, I was getting better at programming every single level, so hopefully you'll see me improve through the levels.
The game itself is fairly short (7 levels with a few twists) so once you get the hang of it, you'll breeze through it :). It took my friend about 2-3 hours to finish it.
Don't let the evil ghosts stop you btw!!!!

Once again, thank you for your feedback. My next game is still pretty far away (gonna try to make it a bit more polished and difficult lol) but I'll get there eventually!