• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Q: Game Maker 2

Z

zendraw

so im updatin my setup with a better PC and i was wondering is GM2 ready to be used without worrying about bugs and things not working and stuff. as far as i remember people complain about gm2 that it has bugs and stuff and if its not ready yet i wuldnt want to waste my time with it on a serious project.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There's no black and white answer to this. It's up to you to determine whether there are any reported bugs that aren't fixed yet which represent a deal-breaking scenario to you.

I suggest checking out the bug tracker.

Smiechu

Just download and check for your self with free license...
I know only GMS2 and though you can read about bugs and problems I never had any bigger.
The only known irritating issue is the crashing open file dialogue on win10.

Amon

Just download and check for your self with free license...
I know only GMS2 and though you can read about bugs and problems I never had any bigger.
The only known irritating issue is the crashing open file dialogue on win10.
Yeah, that's one infuriating bug. They blame it on windows 10 but the only software I have ever used that does this is GMS2. I guess it's easier to blame the OS rather than their software.

[edit]
If you are on Win10 and are new to GMS2 I suggest you get used to saving after every click because you will be zoned in and making progress with your game, loving all the workflow, until you need the File Open Dialogue. That's when you will know and realize how infuriating it is when this bug shows up. Especially if you haven't saved your work the previous 2 minutes.

Z

zendraw

Yeah, that's one infuriating bug. They blame it on windows 10 but the only software I have ever used that does this is GMS2. I guess it's easier to blame the OS rather than their software.

[edit]
If you are on Win10 and are new to GMS2 I suggest you get used to saving after every click because you will be zoned in and making progress with your game, loving all the workflow, until you need the File Open Dialogue. That's when you will know and realize how infuriating it is when this bug shows up. Especially if you haven't saved your work the previous 2 minutes.
thats indeed one of those things i want to know.
but yeah i will get it and yeah it will be win10, win7 is going to be stopped from support next year?