• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D Q: Alpha in 3D

Z

zendraw

So ive looked up the new article in the news window when you start game maker and there the person talked about how to solve the transparency cutting out anything that is behind it, which by using the default setting in GM2 is enabling ztesting or somthing (gpu_set_ztestenable(true)), i dont have GM2, but i have the same problem in GMS1.
but game maker studio doesnt have that and i was wondering how do i fix this in GMS1?

jo-thijs

So ive looked up the new article in the news window when you start game maker and there the person talked about how to solve the transparency cutting out anything that is behind it, which by using the default setting in GM2 is enabling ztesting or somthing (gpu_set_ztestenable(true)), i dont have GM2, but i have the same problem in GMS1.
but game maker studio doesnt have that and i was wondering how do i fix this in GMS1?
You mean to say this thing is solvable?

GM:S 1.4 does have this, but it's called d3d_set_zwriteenable there.

L

Lonewolff

Because alpha testing is very much valid for both 2D and 3D.

Z

zendraw

isnt that in 3d? im talking about example in 2d. ive never encountered such a problem in pure 2d.

L

Lonewolff

Im not saying there's any 'problems' in 2D. I am just saying that you have the option to turn off alpha testing if you want to (thus improving frame rates).

This is why I was saying that it should remain a draw_* function instead of a d3d_* function, as it is relevant in both.