• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Pyxel edit imported animation problem

S

Spelfantast

Hi.

I havn't found a solution to this in game maker or online so I post the question here.

I use pyxel edit for making my sprites and animation. In pyxeledit you can input the speed of individual frames in an animation to make it look more smooth or natural.
boss 1 visa.gif

However, exporting this to gamemaker as a gif only imports the frames not their individual length. Therefore the animation looses its smoothness.

boss 2 attack wrong speed.gif
Did any of you guys have a similar problem? How did you solve it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You would need to set the frames manually through code or the use of a timeline. GMS does not support setting frame timings on an individual frame-by-frame basis in the editor, or alternatively, simply copy the frame that you want to last longer over several frames (this will have no penalty as GMS will detect that it is the same frame and only cache to texture pages ONE frame, even though it's repeated 5 or however many times)

hogwater

simply copy the frame that you want to last longer over several frames (this will have no penalty as GMS will detect that it is the same frame and only cache to texture pages ONE frame, even though it's repeated 5 or however many times)
Thanks for mentioning this, I've been meaning to ask about this for a while now. That's how I do it. Also handy to add an extra frame onto the end when checking "if image_index >= (image_number - 1)"