• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Puzzles in gamemaker

C

Caedmon

I have an idea for a pretty good video game i can make and some puzzle ideas to go with it. I am not exactly sure how to implement all of them though.
Block puzzles would be easy to make.
Password puzzles stump me however. Maybe using variables and checking them to open a door? I can go without some of this info because i already have plans laid out but... help helps right?
If anyone knows about or has expirience making puzzles in gamemaker studio 2 i would love their help ;)

C

CreatorAtNight

I would try to look up some basic tutorials on how to use variables. This would be a really basic thing to do. The only thing is that taking input might be a bit more complex, but the basic idea of checking variable is the first thing you should learn when making a game. If you don't know how to do that yet I would strongly advice to watch/read some tutorials. :)

C

Caedmon

I would try to look up some basic tutorials on how to use variables. This would be a really basic thing to do. The only thing is that taking input might be a bit more complex, but the basic idea of checking variable is the first thing you should learn when making a game. If you don't know how to do that yet I would strongly advice to watch/read some tutorials. :)
Thank you for your suggestion i will look into this topic thanks! :D