Free [Puzzle] Elemental Dungeons - Do you want a challenge? Try this out.

C

CreativeMonkee

Elemental Dungeons is a puzzle, dungeon exploration game that is inspired by games such as The Legend of Zelda and Magicka. The game primarily focuses on local multiplayer teamwork but also contains a single player mode for lone adventurers.

Key features include:
Maze-like dungeons for you and your friends to explore.
Complex puzzles to solve and unlock all the doors to make it to the end.
Multiple puzzle elements for challenging game play.

Download Now:
Gamejolt

Itch.io

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DyingSilence

A nice concept i must say, but you've made some rookie mistakes :)

Firstly, try fixing the error that makes multiple instances of the same music play at once when you pass a level, as it is an easy fix.
Secondly - the diagonal movement is faster due to horizontal and vertical velocities adding up, I think you may want to change that.

Now, the design flaws:
The interactions make little sense. You throw a rock to break a rock wall, when it would make much more sense to wash it away with water. You fill a puddle of water to open the doors.
I don't like that the puzzle isn't contained in interesting interaction between elements, but in being lost in a maze looking for next interactable. This isn't even a puzzle, it's an artificial stretch.
The maze itself is empty, not really worth exploring.
The puzzle's structure is a fundamental flaw which may be impossible to fix without completely redesigning the game. The powers on their own can be a nice way of interaction, but the objects of interaction themselves bring no joy nor a puzzle to solve.