Legacy GM pushable platformer crate box (NONE PHYSICS)

phillipPbor

remember the platformer box?

yah I want the box to be a real box, mothing that you can...

upload_2017-2-14_7-58-24.png

upload_2017-2-14_7-59-38.png

heres someone code gave me code

I decide to start from scratch.

the last ideas they gave me didn't help at all.

I wish someone else to help.

Last edited:
A

Atryue

I would recommend viewing the platformer tutorial videos on the game maker website. http://www.yoyogames.com/learn/platform
One of them specifically talks about moving platforms. If you learn the basics of the (wall) collision code, then you can modify it to move a box with the player if the player is trying to "push" it.

Otherwise, you could try googling "game maker studio pushable box youtube"

phillipPbor

I would recommend viewing the platformer tutorial videos on the game maker website. http://www.yoyogames.com/learn/platform
One of them specifically talks about moving platforms. If you learn the basics of the (wall) collision code, then you can modify it to move a box with the player if the player is trying to "push" it.

Otherwise, you could try googling "game maker studio pushable box youtube"
I don't now why shaun haven't made a tutorial for a pushable crate.
I mean, should have. NO! every tutorial for crate pushing is a same non-pixel perf like this it got missing space as it tries to push the crate. :(

game maker haven't been updating ever since...

Last edited:
A

Ampersand

I don't now why shaun haven't made a tutorial for a pushable crate.
I mean, should have. NO! every tutorial for crate pushing is a same non-pixel perf like this it got missing space as it tries to push the crate. :(

game maker haven't been updating ever since...
I could whip up a simple example of what you're trying to accomplish

A

Ampersand

Today of course I will be busy doting on my girl, but I should be able to get something together before I cash in for the night. I'll try to make it as modular as possible so it's easy for you to use, but what are the sizes for player/crate/wall etc?

phillipPbor

Today of course I will be busy doting on my girl, but I should be able to get something together before I cash in for the night. I'll try to make it as modular as possible so it's easy for you to use, but what are the sizes for player/crate/wall etc?
all 16X16 I guess.

A

Ampersand

I honestly don't appreciate being called a liar privately and publicly. No one lied. I told you I'd give it a shot when I had the chance. Some of us are working full time while also trying to push hours on our own projects. I don't get a lot of hours to work on development, and what I do gets used on my MOBA project.

That being said, I fooled around for about an hour and put this together. It should get you going in the right direction. On first try I managed to get the pushing physics pixel perfect; however, I had some trouble getting the objects that are pushing each other to appear pixel perfect. Give this a look:
http://www.filedropper.com/boxesgmx

phillipPbor

I honestly don't appreciate being called a liar privately and publicly. No one lied. I told you I'd give it a shot when I had the chance. Some of us are working full time while also trying to push hours on our own projects. I don't get a lot of hours to work on development, and what I do gets used on my MOBA project.

That being said, I fooled around for about an hour and put this together. It should get you going in the right direction. On first try I managed to get the pushing physics pixel perfect; however, I had some trouble getting the objects that are pushing each other to appear pixel perfect. Give this a look:
http://www.filedropper.com/boxesgmx
hmm... do you think there someone, anybody that can fix this? I'm no expert. but we can ping this to the experts mods or other mods to help us. don't you think? you done it right by making the box not pass through you when go other way.

A

Ampersand

hmm... do you think there someone, anybody that can fix this? I'm no expert. but we can ping this to the experts mods or other mods to help us. don't you think? you done it right by making the box not pass through you when go other way.
Well sure, with some more time put into it I could probably fix that and add a lot more. This isn't my game though, and it isn't an expert or a moderator's game either. Nobody will make your game for you. It's your game and you'll have to put in the work ;)

I will mess with this again when I have the time, but I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.