• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS push_get_first_local_notification() returns empty map on ios

T

turra

Everything seems to work just fine on android, but when I try and find a certain push notification on iOS the maps returned are just empty, so I can't find the notification I want to cancel it. They still are created just fine and they will fire at the correct time, but I can't find/remove them when appropriate.

Here's some code but it's pretty much lifted right from the docs:

Code:
var _map = ds_map_create();
var ntf = push_get_first_local_notification(_map);
while (ntf >= 0){
    var _data = ds_map_find_value(_map, "data");
    ntf = push_get_next_local_notification(_map);
}
ds_map_destroy(_map);
printing a json_encode of _map just gives an empty { } and _data will come back undefined (because there's nothing with a key "data").

Oh and I have push notifications enabled in the social options, they still work it's just finding them again that seems broken

J

Jaime Lpz

Everything seems to work just fine on android, but when I try and find a certain push notification on iOS the maps returned are just empty, so I can't find the notification I want to cancel it. They still are created just fine and they will fire at the correct time, but I can't find/remove them when appropriate.

Here's some code but it's pretty much lifted right from the docs:

Code:
var _map = ds_map_create();
var ntf = push_get_first_local_notification(_map);
while (ntf >= 0){
    var _data = ds_map_find_value(_map, "data");
    ntf = push_get_next_local_notification(_map);
}
ds_map_destroy(_map);
printing a json_encode of _map just gives an empty { } and _data will come back undefined (because there's nothing with a key "data").

Oh and I have push notifications enabled in the social options, they still work it's just finding them again that seems broken
Hi!
I am having the same issue, I am not able to cancel iOS local notifications, but it works fine on Android.

Did you ever figure this out, by any chance?

Thanks!

ZigZag

Hi I have the same issue, can find and cancel notifications without any issues on Android on iOS it is not working, I guess this is a bug have you reported it yet?

Anybody know how to expedite this bug fix/upgrade the urgency of the bug?
It's a deal breaker for my app right now and seems fairly core in mobile dev? :(

clee2005

Yeah, I've just noticed this is still broken in our games as well. I guess we'd need to get a new extension written for iOS to manage the local notifications rather than using the GMS2 implementation of it. Unless it gets fixed in the coming 2.3.1 release

An update for anyone following - helpdesk got back to me with the following:
"Unfortunately we don't give out ETA's on any of our bug fixes. However, we currently have a task to review all our push notification features ahead of the GMS 2.3.2 and release a new demo/tutorial for this, so we will try to fix all issues at that time."
Not good enough really (am surprised by the 'low' classification of this issue) but sounds like there's nothing I can do further. šŸ˜ž

Just in case anyone's following, broken for over a YEAR and there's still no fix.

Completely exasperating. Apparently adding new functionality like 'Nine slice' is a higher priority than making the product work at a fundamental level.

Latest from helpdesk:

As stated in my previous response we are unfortunately not able to give out ETA's on any of our bug fixes. We did aim to review the Local Push Notifications prior to the release of the Beta 2.3.2 however, unfortunately this didn't happen due to time constraints and the number of other fixes that are currently being worked on that are higher in the list.

Please note we will get around to fixing the bug but like I said before I can't give a timescale.

ZigZag

Yeah this is quite disappointing, I have several users asking for this feature, as this is something they can control and set, but I'm not able to provide this it. Thank you for the update @stevefolkes.