• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Push Changes grayed out

J

JapanGamer29

I'm confused by all this.

Somehow I managed to set up Source Control a year ago, had it all working and even released a game on Steam. Now, after the update to GMS 2.3, I'm back at square one wanting to reconnect BitBucket to my project.

I figured I would just "Create Project Repository", thinking this would make a new git folder within my 2.3 converted project, and I could commit my latest changes and then "Push" to BitBucket. But after making commits, the only option I have is to "Clone Repository".

Clone repository? Meaning copy a repository... what repository? I already have two - the .git folder in my project and the one on BitBucket. I don't want to make another copy of either of those.

Why is the Push option grayed out? My bitbucket info is in Preferences -> Plugins -> Source Control, just as it was prior to 2.3. What am I missing?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did you create a new repository within an imported project that already was in a repository before the conversion? If so, you just overwrote the existing repository and created a new, local one that's not linked to any remote repository.

If the project wasn't in a repository before, you'd have to first make a new one on Bitbucket for this game, then clone this repository and put your project files in it. You don't re-use the same remote repository for two different projects.