• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Purchasing GM2. Price just changed (???)

F

F_Clowder

Yesterday, the price for getting GM2 via an GM1.xMC upgrade was close to 550USD.
So today I was going to put my foot in the door and commit to the upgrade but now I do not see that price anywhere. Now it says it's circa 50USD.

I'm rather confused. Will the $550 upgrade still stand once all the modules are out?
Meaning, if YYG is selling GM2 piecemeal, will the full product come to $550 for those of us doing the GM1.xMC upgrade, piece by piece?

Would love to hear from some official word on this, please :)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Right now, it's circa 50 USD because the only module available for sale (Desktop) costs circa 50 USD (after discount).

Once all modules are out, you will probably need to pay additional 500 USD for a 550 total, to get all of them. Well, maybe there will be some offers/sales from time to time, maybe some modules will be bundled together at one time or another, but general principle remains the same.

Also, right now there are no plans for a single Master Collection; the closest thing you can get in GM:S 2 is purchasing all modules. And even then, you won't get all future modules or anything; you will still get all future updates in GM:S 2.x line for the exports already bought, however.

So, if you want to get a Desktop module, and you don't really feel like waiting for a sale or anything, you might as well buy it now. The 50 USD you spend will remain spent, and you will only have 500 USD worth of modules to buy remaining once they're out.

F

F_Clowder

@Lonewolff I'm actually not so sure that I understand it the same way as you. It seems to be a flat 50% discount for any GM1MC owner, regardless of how you got the MC bundle.

@Alice Thank you for your input. I see you are a moderator, so I have to ask ... is what you say an "official word" on the matter? :-D

I guess my main concern is I'd like to have just locked in the 550 in case the RRP goes up. And now that I have thought about it further, that is the question I would like to have answered is:
If the RRP goes up, what happens to those of us who wanted the initial 50% discounted price of ~550USD?
I realize it's not a clearly stated thought but I believe you get the gist of what I'm talking about. I just want to pay the discounted price stated upfront.

EDIT: PS has anyone been able to buy the full GM2 "bundle" at 550?

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
It's not really much of an "official word", no. It's mostly what I recall from the mentions about upgrade plans, as well as some saying on forum somewhere (hard to remember where now) that Master Collection 2 is not planned, just the separate modules.

I suppose that "from $49.99" means that, when upgrading from Master collection, you can purchase any combination of modules; and the price may vary between $49.99 (Desktop module, the cheapest one, only) and the total price of all modules with 50% discount.

Another matter altogether is that the prices indeed may change, and the console module has a price yet to be decided. Still, I guess all we can do now is hope that the reference prices won't increase in the meantime; since we cannot purchase any modules at the moment except for Desktop, anyway.

hippyman

Sorry to hi-jack, but is the reason I paid $60 instead of $50 because I didn't own the master collection?