• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Purchased GMS2 - Desktop says Free version

J

jcop

I purchased GMS2 and restarted it. When I go to Configurations and Add it lets me enter a name. However, when I click OK to add it I get a dialog:

Cannot create configurations with the Free version of GameMaker Studio 2.

How do I make sure my license is applying to the GMS2 beta? When I go into My GameMaker Licenses at "account.yoyogames.com" it shows GameMaker Studio Desktop as "Already Owned". Lower down under licenses it shows "Active" for that license.

J

Jarmar Games

Are you using v2.0.2.44? If not then download from account.yoyogames.com

F

freekshow_kc

When I go into My GameMaker Licenses at "account.yoyogames.com" it shows GameMaker Studio Desktop as "Already Owned".
It seems you did buy a GM1 License...
It should say GameMaker Studio 2
This is how a GM2 Activation shows up in your account :

Note there is NO "ACTIVE", whatever you bought im not sure if it was the GM2 Beta

J

jcop

My Account shows both my "GameMaker: Studio Master Collection" license (status Active) and my "GameMaker Studio 2 Desktop" license (status Activated). I'll see what support says.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
You will need to logout and log back in

File -> Logout and then just re-log back in

Russell

B

blitz2600

Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the program will make it work