• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Purchased GameMaker before it went free, now I can’t find my License key

Hello everyone,
I purchase game maker studio 2 around 2 months before they went on the free trial thingy and at the time I own the permanent $99 developer kit I think. Recently I was trying to figure out how to get game maker studio 1.4 and someone told me I need to redeem my license key. When I did it says that I don’t own one “there are no keys to redeem” so now I’m confused because I bought the $99 kit so is there a way to get my money back or what?

No I meant I just was just looking to see if it was because it says you need a voucher code to redeem it (it’s in the redeem section but I was looking at mobile) but what I’m say is I bought the gamemaker studio 2 for $99 but now they switched me to the free version and I can’t even share my games… is there a way to get my money back

But I’m confused, I check the subscriptions and it says that I’m on the free version (permanently) like am I able to export games and publish games?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Well... do you have any active subscriptions? No, so you're on the free subscription, because you're not paying for a subscription. Get it? ;)

What you do have, apparently, is a developer license. That's not a subscription, but a permanent license. So you won't see that on the Subscriptions page, because it's not a subscription. Check the Products page.

Oh so I have a license but that’s basically my credentials to publish a game? And the actual subscription stuff is to use the program?

drandula

If you have permanent license, you can use GMS2 and export your games. The platform you can export to depends on your license type (Desktop: Windows, Max, Ubuntu).

If you one other hand have Indie-subscription, you can use GMS2 and export to Desktop, Mobile, HTML5 and UWP.

If you don't have subscription or permanent licenses, you can use GMS2 but you can not export to any platform.