• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Purchased as gift but got download in MY email

T

TheMartianQueem

So I just bought the developer license for my fiance and its supposed to be as a gift but I got an email with a download-link. Did the website screw up or can i just forward that email to my fiance? I just dropped 99 bucks for this and am kind of annoyed that this happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Moved this here from Community, because this is the forum to discuss license-related issues.

Before you completed the check-out process, did you mark the product choice as a "voucher"?

From the YoYo Website voucher purchase agreement:
2.1. Purchase Process. In order to purchase Vouchers you must follow the following steps:

(a) Log onto our website (www.yoyogames.com) and create or log into your YYG Account.

(b) Once logged into your YYG account, choose a product available on the YYG Platforms. You can view the products that are currently available at [https://account.yoyogames.com/gifts]. Any product(s) you select will be added to your basket.

(c) Before you checkout you must mark the chosen product as a “Voucher”.

(d) Once you have confirmed your order, you will be able to proceed to checkout.

(e) You will receive a Confirmation Email to your personal email address once payment has been completed, which will confirm your purchase and constitute your Vouchers receipt.

(f) You will receive purchased Vouchers via your personal email address within approximately twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the purchase Confirmation Email.

(g) You may send Vouchers to a Recipient of Your choice and the Recipient will be able to redeem such Vouchers within the time period specified on the applicable Voucher (the “Redemption Period”). If the Recipient is a resident of the United States of America, the Redemption Period shall be unlimited.
I haven't tried this feature myself, but I assume it works. Either way, if a mistake was made you can contact the Helpdesk for a remedy.