Purchase with multiple cards?

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by Mapcock, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Mapcock

Mapcock Member

I have received a $50 gift card for the holidays and want to use that alongside my debit card to make the payment for Gamemaker, however it will only let me use one card at a time unlike multiple other websites. Paypal requires a bank account to send payments and wont let me use multiple cards either, so i am sort of stuck. Any way around this issue?

2. kburkhart84

kburkhart84 Firehammer Games

If there is no way at all for you to get the website to take multiple cards, I would try to find someone willing to buy the gift card, then deposit that money into your debit card. I don't know how many people you know, but that may be the only option. Of course, you could simply "convert" things if you already use your debit card regularly, for example, put some gas or pay a bill with the gift card instead of the debit card, which is kind of like transffering the money.

3. Llama_Code

Llama_Code Member

Assuming it's a major branded gift card that can be used anywhere, you best and easiest solution would be to pay for the whole thing with your debit card and use that gift card to pay something else as @kburkhart84 suggested.

I honestly don't think I have ever seen a website that lets you use two different payment methods (unless one was their own like an e gift card) but I honestly haven't looked either.

There are other ways you could probably do it, but are not worth the hassle. You could just add a bank account to PayPal and then send yourself an invoice to a different email and pay it with the gift card, then you would have the money in PayPal, at that point PayPal would use your balance up and take the rest from your bank account.

Another option I just though of, if the gift card is reloadable, add more money to it so that you have enough money for the purchase all on the same card.

4. Kole Schramm

Kole Schramm Member

Using a visa gift card to buy a version of game maker studio. For some reason, the card was not charged. Anyone know what's happening there?