Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theideasoftware

hello friends, i start my new business attempt like searching indie games and their talents and then if they accept, i am giving a offer to them. So i can help you with game publising issues. if you have quastions i can answer anything.

Elodman

Greets.

What kind of offer would u have, some details / conditions could u share plz.? (publicity coverage, benefits, costs, SWOT thingies)
Just coz nowadays everyone can be his own publisher - if I am not mistaken, in contrast to the previous century - but of course it seems really helpful to have someone on the business / marketing side.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
For starters, work on your credibility and reach. Neither your writing nor logo looks professional, and I can't even find your name online with a Google search.

I also just saw the games you published on Steam. The graphics were crude and paint-quality, and I'm pretty sure you don't have the usage rights to that cat image. They look like someone's first game. That just tells me you don't vet your offerings. As a publisher, this damages your credibility and the willingness of genuine developers to work with you.

As it stands, you just look like a pretentious adolescent playing company and trying to get shares of others' income doing nothing useful.

Last edited:
T

theideasoftware

For starters, work on your credibility and reach. Neither your writing nor logo looks professional, and I can't even find your name online with a Google search.

I also just saw the games you published on Steam. The graphics were crude and paint-quality, and I'm pretty sure you don't have the usage rights to that cat image. They look like someone's first game. That just tells me you don't vet your offerings. As a publisher, this damages your credibility and the willingness of genuine developers to work with you.

As it stands, you just look like a pretentious adolescent playing company and trying to get shares of others' income doing nothing useful.
first off all this games are mine and my partner's.(ofcourse you can say i don't like it or these are unprofessional etc. but we are trying to improve ourself) so we are looking better games for realeasing with our brand, share will not exceed 33%. also that cat pic is our my partner took.

T

theideasoftware

Greets.

What kind of offer would u have, some details / conditions could u share plz.? (publicity coverage, benefits, costs, SWOT thingies)
Just coz nowadays everyone can be his own publisher - if I am not mistaken, in contrast to the previous century - but of course it seems really helpful to have someone on the business / marketing side.
hello, yes you are right. everyone can his own publisher. but i offered social media things, ads etc. also sharings are will be with net revenue. our share will not exceed 33%. we want to grow up with new products and maybe someone can join us, we are not big company for making contract (for now) but still we can write somekind of document for confidence. Also, bank-related events can be discussed before starting work, and that issue should be settled first.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Hello! This section of the community is intended as a place to discuss publishing, not to offer publishing services. For that, you should to post a portfolio topic in the Collaboration forum or on the Marketplace. Since I moderate the Collaborations forum, I can already tell you that, in order to meet the expected standard of topics posted there, you'd have to invest a lot more into polishing, both of the topic contents and the presented services.

The main thing I can recommend is to steer away from weaseling constructs such as "if you have any questions, I can answer anything" or terminating the list of what you're offering with "etc." after the second item. You'll want to give viewers a clear idea of what you are and aren't going to be able to offer. There is of course always wiggle room for exact details to be discussed, but the service offer should be more clearly defined than the type of service, for the same reason that artists don't offer "help with art" but "2D cartoon style character art".

I'll lock this topic as this is not the proper forum for it, but I can't move it to Collaborations for the reasons mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.