• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Publishing, Trial/Error/Questions

In Game Options >Windows - Images I'm able to load a splash screen image of my choice, but I cannot to the same for the icon. There is no file-type or size spec listed.

In Game Options >Windows - Installer I'm not able to load either of my bmp files... When I try to select for either of them, all I see are those 2 GMS2 bmp images on my hard drive (which I'm trying to replace).

Does anyone know how to do this?

thx
UPDATE:
I did some more reading in the manual and I think I figured out both things... In Game Options >Windows - Images, the icon needed to be an ico. file.
In Game Options >Windows - Installer, the license and script seem to accompany the provided graphics. So I would think that if I were going to change the license and script, I would most likely be able to put in my own graphics. I'm just staying with the provided graphics/license,script.

QUESTION 1.
What I don't understand is that there is a button for each (Use Default License Agreement, Use Default NSIS Script), but their information is already filled in... Do I need to hit these buttons to confirm —then apply button?

QUESTION 2.
I wasn't able to find documentation regarding Preferences >Platform Settings >Windows...
For Default Packaging type, which of the 3 choices would be appropriate for a Steam build?

This option was set by default to Show Dialog.
UPDATE: I did find the documentation on this, but I can't figure out which setting is more appropriate. It would seem that zip archive might be best...?
sc_1.png

QUESTION 3.
The screenshot below is from an article explaining that the Steamworks SDK should be extracted to a place that is easy to reach... In my case, I have that SDK folder on my desktop because that's where I directed it to go when I downloaded. Does this Steamworks SDK folder need to be put into another folder labeled as in this article (D:\Steamworks)...? Is that actually the title of a folder that he has there?
The next image is a screenshot of my settings with this. I don't understand what is meant by "extract." Why does the example not show sdk at the end of his location as it does mine?
SC_3.png
SC-2.png

UPDATE:
Here in a link to the main place I'm getting my info:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...OS-Ubuntu-Steam-Setting-Up-GameMaker-Studio-2
As of today, I'm able to run my game and control it as noted in this screenshot of the guide:
SC_8.png

My other previous questions still stand, however...

QUESTION 4.
I need to figure out whether I should create an executable or do an export. I'm confused by the advice given in this instruction as seen below in the screenshot (and this seems again to go back to question 2):
SC_9.png
Right now I'm only building a Windows version. What exactly do I do at this point...? Do I just export to my desktop where the SDK is, or do I Create executable to the desktop? Does exporting compile the game?

Last edited: