Publishing nonprofit games

E

Erne

Hi Everyone.

I am new to GameMaker, and game development in general, and I was planning on creating some small games I have on my mind just for testing purposes. I understand that if you want to publish anything to make some money you require to have the full version of GM, but in my case, I just want for people out there to see my games and let me know what they think. I am not ready to make the full commitment to the tool yet, so I wanted to know if you can publish free games made with GM with the trial version.

Any feedback on that?

Thanks in advance!

chamaeleon

Since you can't export to any supported system (Desktop, HTML5, mobile, etc.) from the trial, you can only run your games from within GameMaker, the answer is a fairly clear no, you can't create something you can give other people to let them see you game, with the exception of distributing your project to people and have them load it in GameMaker themselves (but I'd hazard a guess that is not what you have in mind...)

E

Erne

I see. I was not aware of that part. My newbie fault. Thanks a lot for the reply!