OFFICIAL Publish Your GameMaker Game To GXC - $30K Of Prizes To Be Won!

Mightyjor

Hi, quick question about the winnings for US citizens. The terms and conditions say that income will be reported with 1099 form. Is that something we should expect to get through email, or is that something we need to report to govt ourselves? Assuming hypothetically of course that some of the US contestants have never actually won a cash prize and also don’t want to go to jail for tax fraud :)

Sudo

Your submission should be included. Feel free to link it here so we can check it's within the judging. RE: Other monthly competitions. We originally intended to run a monthly comp like this each month. However, we think the format isn't quite right and we'd like to use the resources and prizes in a more focused way so stay tuned for similar competitions coming to GXC soon!
Any ETA on the next competition? Just want to know if I should hold off on uploading to GXC this month or not :)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
If they spend the extra time not organising the compo on implementing the comment systems, I'm all for it.
That single issue (lack of comments) is the one issue stopping me from uploading my games to GXC altogetrher, regardless of how much prize money would be given.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
If they spend the extra time not organising the compo on implementing the comment systems, I'm all for it.
That single issue (lack of comments) is the one issue stopping me from uploading my games to GXC altogetrher, regardless of how much prize money would be given.
Happy to say that this is well underway! I agree. I can't wait to have comments. We also have a really nice design refresh coming soon 🙌

Sudo

Happy to say that this is well underway! I agree. I can't wait to have comments. We also have a really nice design refresh coming soon 🙌
I'm going to assume you either don't know the answer to my question or can't say, which is fine of course! so I think I'll hold off on uploading to GXC this month :)