Beta PRticles: A new particle editor

Greetings everyone.

I am close to completing a new particle editor for GameMaker Studio users. It is easy to use, with dials, switches and buttons to access the various features of particle systems.

I am currently looking for beta testers who are willing to try it out and provide feedback! If interested, please message me.

Thanks!
Nelson

Dude, that is a brilliant idea. I will totally beta test this :)

Will you be able to export a JSON of settings, or similar? The biggest use for this, for me, will be if I can tweak particles, and then import them into my game.

O

Old School Ben

Wow. This is amazing. I just started working with particle effects in Gamemaker 2. This is a wonderful project!

Dude, that is a brilliant idea. I will totally beta test this :)

Will you be able to export a JSON of settings, or similar? The biggest use for this, for me, will be if I can tweak particles, and then import them into my game.
Thank you! Yes, the idea so far is that I will include at least a GML export feature to export the particle system(s) as GML code that you can import into your GMS projects.

A JSON export would probably be a welcome idea too, as I've seen demand for this format for other things throughout the forums. I would need to include a companion GMS extension that will parse the JSON file into a particle system internally to support this feature, but certainly doable.

Wow. This is amazing. I just started working with particle effects in Gamemaker 2. This is a wonderful project!
Thanks! I wanted to build something that makes creating particles less of a chore. It will definitely come in handy for our internal projects and the hope is that others will find it just a useful and fun to use.

Thank you! Yes, the idea so far is that I will include at least a GML export feature to export the particle system(s) as GML code that you can import into your GMS projects.

A JSON export would probably be a welcome idea too, as I've seen demand for this format for other things throughout the forums. I would need to include a companion GMS extension that will parse the JSON file into a particle system internally to support this feature, but certainly doable.
I did a similar thing for a dialogue editor. Most of this stuff is just settings tweaking, so I think you could pretty easily set up a 'loader' object that accepts args from a JSON, and creates the PS as such. Of course, nothing is as simple as it seems at first glance ;)