Protectors of Kittaria

asollazzo

Most work this week was non visual but heres something to look at

Added the 2nd player skin, which is basically a fancy palette swap, does this look different enough or should the 2nd player have its own unique art ?

CMAllen

Thanks :) Im not sure im quite at the point that people would expect for something like kickstarter and crowdfunding sorta scared me since im terrible at self promotion :p
Then you need to find yourself a social-media champion, because from my experience, if you're not good at it yourself, you're going need *SOMEONE* to get the word out about any sort of creative products worth checking out. Otherwise it just gets lost in all the noise. See: Amazon's KDP service.

And from what I've seen so far, it definitely qualifies as something worth checking out.

asollazzo

Thanks guys, Ill have to look into some way of getting some more promotion going, ideally without too much $$ at the moment.

Anyways heres some more progress to look at, still need make some fishing animations but one of the fishing areas is done for now. Also some depth issues to sort out in the water that i noticed after recording

asollazzo

New update here, fishing is pretty much all in except for the ui based stuff since i think im going to leave most of that until i can work on a bunch of it at once to get a reasonable style goin. Right now the fishing 'minigame' is basically a reaction test when the fish bites and then a simple holding the reel button and pressing the direction you want to 'pull the fish' until hes close enough to catch. I wanted to keep it fairly simple but is it too simple ?

juan carlos

I love your animation and the arwork in general, did you use spine to animate, or exists another way to do this in game maker?

asollazzo

I love your animation and the arwork in general, did you use spine to animate, or exists another way to do this in game maker?
I use spine for my character animation, but ive seen other people do similar stuff without it in gms2 with just code, but thats way too tricky for me.

asollazzo

Finished up the rest of the time travel effect. If anyone wants to know how it was done, i pretty much just take a screen shot of one timeframe, disable everything in that timeframe and enable the other timeframe, and then using a transition shader i learned from one of matharoo's tutorials, i fade the screenshot away revealing the new timeframe underneath. The rest of it is just some flashy graphics :p

asollazzo

WIP clip of the gameover screen, its a little funky lookin in places and the buttons dont actually do anything yet but the feel of it is there. The slowdown effect is a little hacky since i havent implemented delta time in my game but it works for now :)

2Bad Games

WIP clip of the gameover screen, its a little funky lookin in places and the buttons dont actually do anything yet but the feel of it is there. The slowdown effect is a little hacky since i havent implemented delta time in my game but it works for now :)
I really like this game over screen especially the slowdown effect ! Good job ! 🤘

asollazzo

Added during the intro/demo the player will now be resurrected if they die on the way to the boss, once at the boss if they die they need to start the boss over again :) Ended up reusing some old animations for the father's resurrection so hopefully it looks ok !

asollazzo

Did some polishing on the item pickup screen, hopefully didnt veer too far into making it look like some kind of pay to win crate opening animation hah !

asollazzo

I'm embarrassed to admit, despite having done colorwork not unlike this for many years, it never occurred to me to use 3d assets in that manner before. Very cool.
Thanks ! Yeah it took me some experimentation to get this particular method working just how i like :)

Most of my recent work has been behind the scenes type code stuff but i did get around to finally finishing the art for the future and past versions of the main character