• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Promote "what's new" on manual front page

gnysek

I understand this may not be possible to make in 2.0.7, but I would be really glad if from 2.0.8, when I open manual (internal in GMS, or docs2.yoyogames.com ), on start page before "getting started" header, there will be "what's new" chapter, with links to totally newly added function - like for example in case of 2.0.6 to Pinch and Rotate (Editors>Events>Gesture Events) page. That would allow easily to read about those functions, instead of searching them manually. Since there's not too much functions added with each release, this should take additional 3-4 lines of text :)

>> @Nocturne hope you like idea and will sell it to rest of team :)

Mr. RPG

I was about to propose a similar idea to Nocturne as well. This should also apply to the start page within the IDE and only show up after doing an update. It should highlight not only new functions that have been added, but also new runner features, and important bug fixes.

YoYo Games really needs to do better at explaining what these updates change. The release notes don't list bug fixes anymore which makes tracking down what bugs have been fixed after each new update extremely difficult for me.

gnysek

The release notes don't list bug fixes anymore which makes tracking down what bugs have been fixed after each new update extremely difficult for me.
They even forgetting about mentioning some changes, and they usually come out in comments on forum topics...