• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Project seems to be corrupted, resources not showing up after loading project save

A

AwesomeX

I've recently tried loading a project of mine containing various objects, sprites, rooms, etc.
It was a working game but for some reason the resources are not showing.. It ends up showing like it's an empty/new project, none of my options, or settings get loaded.

I even tried creating a new project and copying over all the folders from a backup save of mine. "Containing folders such as views, objects, options, sprites, among others"

I've also cleared my project cache in my appdata folder. It had no effect.

I really hope my project hasn't been wrecked.. As I said, I have all the content for it.. Seemingly?
But no matter what I do, none of it loads.

Would really appreciate help on this.

Jabbers

Also if you want to send me your project I am happy to see if I can recover it and send it back to you. PM me if you're interested.

The-any-Key

This happened to me too. I opened a project and then imported another project (whole the first project still was open) that I just wanted to get some scripts from. Then when I loaded the first project again. Everything was gone. But I keep daily backups so there was no problem.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is a bug filed for something similar to this, but if it happens to you then you really should let YYG know (send them the corrupted file too). The more people that supply information the easier (and quicker) it'll be fixed.