Free Project S.I.G.N. -- 2d action shooter platformer (not metroidvania)

H

HanggaraArif66

---------------------------------------
Project S.I.G.N.
---------------------------------------

An action shooter platformer. it's not a metroidvania type, but more of a megacontra (fusion of megaman and contra).

It challenges your platforming skills and combat skills. Switch your fire mode to adapt to the situation and see how far you got.

Screenshot:

Runner 2017-12-04 23-34-07-51.png Runner 2017-12-04 23-34-48-34.png Runner 2017-12-04 23-35-18-30.png Runner 2017-12-04 23-35-28-31.png

Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tz2B34TWceO5KC13MWHOlLixe14W-ooq

Last edited by a moderator:

K12gamer

Looks really good...Controls are very responsive. Animation very well done.
I played it with my keyboard...but I think I'll like it even more when I get a controller hooked up.

Questions:
What's with the weird half screen effect when I die?
Also...(0) didn't exit out the game for me.

H

HanggaraArif66

Looks really good...Controls are very responsive. Animation very well done.
I played it with my keyboard...but I think I'll like it even more when I get a controller hooked up.

Questions:
What's with the weird half screen effect when I die?
Also...(0) didn't exit out the game for me.
ummm. . . . game started in fullscreen and . . .well I coulndt enjoy it. . . this happened....

Not sure what to do :(

oh yes i got some visual bug because i didn't scale the surface that should be drawn to match the screen resolution and i just realized that after I uploaded and shared this game on the internet

I'm fixing it now

D

DyingSilence

The game has an incredible integrity in aesthetics and flow, it's very pleasant to look at, but the PC control scheme... I'd like to be able to set it my ways :D
Overally really great job!

H

HanggaraArif66

The game has an incredible integrity in aesthetics and flow, it's very pleasant to look at, but the PC control scheme... I'd like to be able to set it my ways :D
Overally really great job!
thanks a lot mate
you know, as for the controller scheme, I'm still learning on how to make it customizable :D

D

DyingSilence

Customizable controls are quite easy. When remapping, take a char variable read from the keypress. Then save it into an .ini file. At game's launch, read the ini for rebound keys, if a key is not rebound, set it to default. That's one way to do it.

H

HanggaraArif66

Customizable controls are quite easy. When remapping, take a char variable read from the keypress. Then save it into an .ini file. At game's launch, read the ini for rebound keys, if a key is not rebound, set it to default. That's one way to do it.
I'll implemented it next time mate
Thanks a lot

H

HanggaraArif66

I just found out that correcting some bugs leads to the game stuck in the jungle level
Sooo, i've updated the link to the fixed one

but I didnt add the customizable control scheme though

H

HanggaraArif66

Very smooth and fun. But yeah, the screen size (during dialogue,when you pause, and get hurt) bugs made me not want to play anymore.
Thanks a lot for giving it a try man :)
I have fixed some issues though (screen size you mentioned, some level bugs, etc.) I'll check things first the next time before I release a game