• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Project Revenge (Android)

J0nesp

Project Revenge

Google Play Download Link

"Project Revenge is a topdown shoot'em up with easy one-hand-controls. You move around with joystick and auto-aim locks to nearest enemy.
You battle through levels collecting experience and earning perks. Earn money by defeating your enemies and with that money you can buy new weapons or upgrade existing ones."
While in self quarantine, i decided to open my GMS 1.4 after 3 years of break and it really felt good to play around with game making again.
So good that i decided to update to GMS2 and after while even purchased mobile module.

I had plenty of prototypes and tests in my computer from 2016-2017, which i decided to test to import to GMS2. Those worked out pretty well, i was surprised how well that actually worked.

So after testing old projects and trying to remember how things work, i kind of by accident kept on adding stuff to one of the joystick-mechanic-test with my friend in online jam-session, making it a kind of whole game which is rare to me. I tend to play around, get things going and then lose interest, start a new project, and so on.

First it was test to add on-screen joystick and move little dot around the screen. Then i added enemies. Then i added environmental elements, then more enemies. Time to remember how .ini-files work, add different weapons, couple quests, more levels, money-system and upgrades. And finally some sounds and familiar myself how ads work. Then it suddenly started to turn out as a short, but somewhat full game.
I jumped from GMS 1.4 to GMS2 in the middle of the project, so that was a bit scary part, since i was approx 40% done with 1.4 so i was afraid upgrading will mess up everything.
I was surprised how little i had to fix after moving to GMS2. Took some time to get to know what new GMS2 brings to the table, but slowly it started to feel good again.

So that's how i ended up with my latest game, Project Revenge (originally Joystick_test --> Project_Shootemup --> Project Rampage --> Project Revenge).

I was supposed to put it up to Beta test but decided to launch in Google Play anyway, so if you are interested to test it, you can find it here at Google Play. or watch a little trailer:

Game may still have a lot of bugs, but with my limited resources and time right now i can't spend so much time testing myself, so any feed back and bug/crash-reports would be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sercan

congrats my friend nice job . i want to talk about your trailer. I think it takes too long till the gameplay scenes. should be better if you shortened the intro scenes.

Toque

Ditto. Openning on video is way to slow. Get to the action quicker. Lots of blood. Fun.