• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Project: Renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolslayer

Do you ever stumble on some cool projects, you decide to import them and POOF, they don't work because of obsolute functions...

If you hate that as much as I do, join me in this project, called "Project: Renovation"

The goal of this project is to renovate old pre-studio GM projects to fix them from crashing.

This won't be a project I'll work full-time on myself, there will probably be more occurances of other projects being renovated by myself but I've also got other projects myself. Everybody is allowed to participate though, I'll add them to the list if they are at least in the "Playable" state (Read the rules for more information about the states) with the link to the project, a link to the original project, the name of the renovator, the name of the original creator and the state the project is in. (If given, also a little description)

1. Everybody here is allowed to share their renovated projects for everybody to use.
  2. Always include a link to the original project, if not, I won't add the project in this list.
  3. If the original creator doesn't like it being uploaded, it will be removed, no matter what.
  4. Projects don't have to be completely fixed, playable is good enough, fixing all obsolete functions can help a ton for members interested in the projects.
  5. Everybody here is allowed to update the uploaded projects on the page and send it to this topic, I'll then update the download link, this way people will always have the best projects to use.
  6. New additions to the projects are allowed, especially when they are needed to get the project working, but staying as close as possible to the original project is preferred.
  7. Please add the state of the project, these are the states to choose from: "Playable", "Usable", "Perfect", where as "playable" means that you can start the project without crashing and that all the obsolete functions are fixed, of course some rare occurances of crashing and errors are allowed, it's hard to fix them all. "Usable" means that it's actually good enough to add in one of your project without much fixing and "Perfect" means that it completely does what the original did (Or what you think the original did if you can't use that one).
  8. Nobody should expect anybody to update their uploaded projects, requests are allowed, but the use of harassment or profanity to get somebody to update their ports isn't allowed at all.

Here is the list of ported projects as far, I start the list with one project in a state of "Playable", and for the meantime it will stay the same because I've still got a ton to do for school before I can enjoy a free summer vacation.

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This isn't appropriate, for two reasons. First, WIP topics are for showcasing your own WIP projects. One topic per project. You can't run a mini-forum (with multiple projects) within a topic, as this appears to be.

The second problem is posting projects by other members. It may be fine to upgrade someone's project with their permission. But those details should be worked out with the author first, before posting a topic here.

No harm done -- but this isn't going to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.