• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows FIXED - Project randomly stopped loading audio groups in Runner.exe

Drell

I've been working on the same project since GameMaker Studio 1.4 and am currently working on it in the latest version of GMS2. A few weeks ago, the sound in my main project randomly stopped working. Using the debugger I've determined that it's not loading the audio groups even if every step I tell it to check if they're loaded and if not load them in. HOWEVER, the audio still works perfectly fine when the project is exported.

I have completed removed and reinstalled GameMaker including hunting down all the app data and manually deleting it to no avail. Audio works just fine in other projects' Runner.exe. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Drell

I forgot to mention: the default audio group still works. That is, if I set all the sounds go be in the default audio group they load just fine and play just fine in the Runner.exe.

Flo

Do you use Steam version? Because I had the same issue.
There is a bug where Included Files and Audio Groups don't load within the Editor.

You can download the Stand Alone version on your Yoyo account and ditch the Steam version for good, it works perfectly.

Drell

Do you use Steam version? Because I had the same issue.
There is a bug where Included Files and Audio Groups don't load within the Editor.

You can download the Stand Alone version on your Yoyo account and ditch the Steam version for good, it works perfectly.
Ooooh 💩💩💩💩 dawg! That fixed it as well as the long standing issue of my DS4 controller not working through the IDE. I can't open GMS2 with my Steam Desktop Launcher anymore but that's a pretty small price for functionality.