• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Project naming issue

M

MuddyMuddy

Hi, not sure of this is intended, or just a Mac IDE problem.

When naming a project something like 'Game_v0.1', the game will fail to run (in test mode at least). I assume it is the numbers and decimal causing the problem. though would be nice to have this work, for archiving builds.

M

mockgames

Hi, not sure of this is intended, or just a Mac IDE problem.

When naming a project something like 'Game_v0.1', the game will fail to run (in test mode at least). I assume it is the numbers and decimal causing the problem. though would be nice to have this work, for archiving builds.
I realize this post is a few months old. Have you found resolution to this issue?

The problem is the decimal point/full stop in the name. It was identified in another post that you can't have that. Just make it something like Game_v0_1 and it will be fine.

I realize this post is a few months old.
The first post was made yesterday, so not sure why you think.

M

mockgames

@BaBiA Game Studio , the answer is simple.

Image2.png

And that being the first message I read, given that the post is roughly 6 months old, it isn't exactly yesterday :)

Read what is in that screenshot again. That is the date the person joined the community, not the date of the post. By your logic then your post was made on Nov 12 2016 was it? :eek:
upload_2017-9-21_8-49-42.png

The date of the post is at the bottom of each post:
upload_2017-9-21_8-50-28.png

M

mockgames

Read what is in that screenshot again. That is the date the person joined the community, not the date of the post. By your logic then your post was made on Nov 12 2016 was it? :eek:
View attachment 12907

The date of the post is at the bottom of each post:
View attachment 12908
My logic? LOL well not exactly. Haven't used the forums here much. But yes I see that now. At a glance without reading, intuitively the highlighted one (see the date in a brighter shade of white) would be the post date. The joined date usually buried in the user profile. A little different here in the GM forums than what I am used to. Oh well, thanks for pointing that out my mistake :)