Discussion "Project Modified" error in GMS 2 since v2.0.4.64

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Dani, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Cezar

Cezar Member

Thnx for help.
    I did it but this other error appeared:

Attached Files:

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

What version are you using, hopefully not still 2.0.4.64?

3. Cezar

Cezar Member

No, my version is: 2.2.5.481

Attached Files:

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

It's not actually an error, it's a warning that files have been changed.

If you click Save / Reload (depending what you want to do) does it keep happening?
    If not then you can just acknowledge it and carry on as normal.

Make sure you have a backup of your project before clicking in case you lose some work when it syncs the files.

5. BaBiA Game Studio

BaBiA Game Studio Member

Have you tried increasing the values of the File Watcher settings so that they check less often?
    upload_2020-1-8_21-3-56.png
    Perhaps they are checking too often and incorrectly detecting changes that are actually being done by the IDE as if they are being done by external applications. I know that the file watcher did cause problems in the past, so I think that is why YYG added these settings.

6. Cezar

Cezar Member

Yes, it keeps happening every 10 or 20 seconds without any change or at the moment I try to make any changes, such as creating a Strite, I've tried checking the file save settings to see if it's related, including I already uninstalled and reinstalled to try to solve but without success.

7. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Do you have any antivirus or system protection / monitoring software installed that could be checking / syncing / modifying the files at all and that is what GMS2 is detecting?

8. DukeSoft

DukeSoft Member

I've seen this issue (before, in older versions) when duplicating a sound, and quickly loading in a different wave file. GM would say the original one has changed and ask me to reload. No big issue or breaking, just annoying.