Alpha Project: Lost Earth

• Thread starter Uneven Pixel Studios
  • Start date
U

Uneven Pixel Studios

Project: Lost Earth is a passion project that I have been working on for about a month, a retake on an idea I had made with Game Maker 8.1 (Wow I feel dated). This game is set on our planet about 100 years from now, when we no longer live on our planet due to pollution and nuclear fallout. One scientist tries to prove his theory that the earth may be re habitable by taking a craft down to the planet in order to get valuable data to prove his theory. His craft hits a huge amount of flammable gas in the atmosphere, and crashes on landing, damaging his communications. With all hopes of being rescued abandoned, he now attempts to survive.

Within the game, you will be tasked with crafting tools, structures, and automation in order to survive the harsh new earth. Creatures will be either regular animals from our planet, or mutated beyond recognition. Wild plants and fauna will have to be discovered, and death is permanent. The world is procedural generated, with three biomes in the game so far: Snow, Desert, and Grasslands.

I have made all of the artwork and code myself up to this point, but I wanted to ask for A.) Ideas for the game, and B.) Help with some of the artwork. All ideas will be taken into consideration, and any help with the God-awful space-pod art will be taken in a heart beat. :p

World:
Space Pod Problem.PNG
Inventory Screen:
Inventory Screen.PNG
Accessories Screen:
Accessories Screen.PNG
Stats Screen:
Stats Screen.PNG

I will be putting up a playable demo here once there is some more gameplay features to speak of in the project.

G

Guitarmike

I like your idea. How about the ability to domesticate some of those mutants? Will there be other humans (or other intelligent beings) to encounter at some point? That would make it interesting, imho. Without that, I think it would get boring just crafting and killing. Will he ultimately have the ability to craft a spaceship to leave earth and win the game?