• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX PROJECT LOAD FAILED! UNABLE TO LOAD.

U

Ufy

So I was working on my game when it suddenly would not save the game. It was working normally and I was coding some programming, but my Mac insisted that I could not save the game. (I forgot the exact message it sent me, but it basically said that I can't save the game.)
So I went to my other project, and went back to the game I'm working on. An error message pops up. It says:

Project load failed. Unable to load [project folder here].

I tried moving the project folder, but it has the same error.

I've been working on this game for the past few days, and it actually looked pretty great today. If I had to remake the game I would literally cry myself to sleep. I've been working VERY hard on this game, so please help!

NOTE: Other games that I have created can easily be loaded, but this one particular game cannot. I've checked the project folder and there seems to be nothing wrong with it.

EDIT: WHAT! THE PROJECT FILE IS SUDDENLY ZERO BYTES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT WHAT - I literally was just coding an event, and now the project file is zero bytes! All that hard work. What the hell is going on?

Apparently a solution is to import all of the files into a new project but that would take about a year since my project is THAT big. Furthermore, the Add Existing button seems to not be working for me (it always crashes my Gamemaker.) I've payed for this software and I've honestly enjoyed it - until things like these occur. I've spent countless hours developing this game, and I honestly don't want to go through the process all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Ufy

After spending a whole afternoon depressed because of this, I finally decided to kick myself up and re-create and copy paste the events and scripts, which took me at least two hours. So yeah, consider this solved, I guess, though it is a bug that should be resolved.

A

ashokkrishnamurthi

Did you ever figure this out. I had the exact same Project Load Failed error. Have not been able to figure out how to fix it.