• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Project hangs at "Entering main loop...", no errors listed.

C

ChainsawMcD

I've been developing a GM2 project for the MacOS target. Earlier this week, I bought the HTML5 license but I've run into an issue. When HTML5 is the target, after I run Clean and Run (or Debug), the game spawns a new Chrome tab, mono32 starts and I see the splash screen. Then the page turns white and nothing happens.

The game works perfectly fine in the MacOS target. I get no errors on the debug page. Seeing the splash page indicates to me that this isn’t a firewall issue. I know there are issues with image_blend but I thought it just made you spawn funky sprites, not killed the whole game. I also tried uploading it to a webhost and had the same results, so I don't think it's a problem with being locally hosted.

Screenshots attached. Any thoughts?

Attachments

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Run the game under debug again, this time open the developer's tools in Chrome. If there is an error, you should be able to track down its source there.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
how do i open the developers tool in chrome ??
See: Open Chrome DevTools

As of the time of writing, the HTML5 runner captures all on-page keyboard input by default, so the keyboard shortcut for opening the developer's tool won't work here. But all the other ways on that article still work.

Also, don't bump up old threads, hijack threads that aren't yours, or try to get a response from people whose names are whited out. This is basic forum etiquette.