• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Project file literally disappeared without a trace

I have a very recent backup, this isn't a crisis.

But game maker randomly crashed on me when I tried to open the manual, and it did the whole fruitless "Windows is searching for solution" thing. I hadn't changed anything since the last compile, so no harm lost in using task manager and using "end task".

After reopening game maker, my project file was completely gone from the recent files list. It had also gone completely from my documents. It's like it never existed. I am so confused as to how this even possible? I wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar?

If you're reading this, this is a sign to make a backup of your project.

chamaeleon

Just a quick note that hopefully yyp-maker can recreate it for you, if you are not already familiar with the tool. As to how it why, it seems to me gms is a bit overzealous when it comes to writing or modifying the project file, perhaps a big reason why it gets frequently corrupted when using cloud synced directories.

Last edited: