• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Project Conversion Failed (GMS 2.2 to 2.3)

Telorr

Hello!
I really need your help

I was updated GameMaker Studio 2 few days ago. I'll continue my project today.
When I open the project, there is a pop up that says "This project is of an older format and will need to be converted. Proceed?". Then I convert my project.
While converting, there is a pop up that says "The project conversion has failed".
After that, I tried converting other old project (GMS 2.2). And it was failed too.

What should I do? I'm very confused now. I can't open my project again.

rIKmAN

Without knowing the specifics of your project it's impossible to say what the issue might be, though if you search the forum there have been a few posts by people with a similar issue who made some changes to the project to allow a successful conversion process to 2.3.

I can't remember the specifics but it would have been on one of threads related to or tagged as GMS 2.3.

You can also report a bug by clicking Help > Report a Bug in the IDE, and provide a link to your project so that YYG can take a look and investigate what the underlying issue is.

Telorr

Without knowing the specifics of your project it's impossible to say what the issue might be, though if you search the forum there have been a few posts by people with a similar issue who made some changes to the project to allow a successful conversion process to 2.3.

I can't remember the specifics but it would have been on one of threads related to or tagged as GMS 2.3.

You can also report a bug by clicking Help > Report a Bug in the IDE, and provide a link to your project so that YYG can take a look and investigate what the underlying issue is.
I've report it to YoYo Games. Thanks for your suggestion!