"Project Color" Ideas

A

AquaticChaos

"In order to form the perfect Soul, three key essences are required:
Essence of Heart - Formed from the purity of a loving mother who lost her son...
Essence of Mind - From a cunning godfather wishing to restore the destroyed towns...
And Essence of Body - From a brute veteran, labeled a cold-blooded killer...

You were tasked by the King to destroy a known threat to the kingdom, hoping to bring peace back to the land. However, with each step you slowly start to lose your mind...and your sanity."

My game is an RPG/Visual Novel hybrid with key focuses on serious thoughts such as
Suicide, murder, political corruption, and mental disorders like Schizophrenia and PTSD, amogst others
. For now, it's a work in progress and I'm currently looking for ideas of:

1. Puzzle gimmicks (1 out of 3 or 4 done)
  2. Official name (Can only think of "Soul of the Oblivious")
  3. To be thought of... (Will be updated as needed)
Feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated, as it well help improve my game.

A

AquaticChaos

I'll get on the first mechanic once the code is done. Sadly the trailer I made is a Bit lackluster.

Probably shoulda posted this in Work In Progress, but it's no big deal. I'm assuming this is a top-down title? Will the combat be turn-based or real-time, if any?

Also the trailer was good, great even! With the music, however, I'd try and include a song from the game itself over a song that's already familiar, whenever you get the chance. For me, it took me out of the immersion a little bit b/c I've heard the song in many places before. Other than that, not too shabby!

A

AquaticChaos

It is top-down, and the battles are turn based. As for the music, I'm not exactly a music master, nor do I know anyone who can help for relatively cheap or even free, since I have so little money.

But I still appreciate feedback!

A

AquaticChaos

Project Color has been put on hold for the time being, and instead I will work on a smaller project currently titled "8-Bit Hero." This is a Side-Scrolling Shooter and is a heavy work in progress. Art assets are needed - particularly pixel art- in a 16x16 or 32x32 grid.

curato

As far as a name I like Souls or Sorrow based on how sober your theme is and that I like alliteration. Most RPG puzzle involve moving stuff around or activating things in the right order to unlock progress to the next area.