• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Project "Building..." endlessly after running

S

Spock14

So everytime i run my game, it just says building and counts down from 3 seconds. Once it reaches 0 it just starts going up again. It goes forever because i tried waiting an hour alredy. Also tried making a new project and same thing happened. The output reads as follows:

upload_2019-11-30_20-6-36.png

That's everything
Also am unable to stop it...
(update) Some threads say it's the version but it's not because i tried the newest one and got the same exact message except the version different of course. If anyone can, please help.... Thanks in advance for responding :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spock14

Tried that already and didn't do anything but i noticed that gamemaker studio 2, when running, it creates 3 more disks on my computer, Local Disk (X:), Local Disk (Y:), Local Disk (Z:)...
they have the same gigabyte count and free gigabytes as my main Local Disk (C:). I don't know what this means but in the output it mentions something about "/c subst X:" "/c subst Y:" and "/c subst Z:".

rIKmAN

Tried that already and didn't do anything but i noticed that gamemaker studio 2, when running, it creates 3 more disks on my computer, Local Disk (X:), Local Disk (Y:), Local Disk (Z:)...
they have the same gigabyte count and free gigabytes as my main Local Disk (C:). I don't know what this means but in the output it mentions something about "/c subst X:" "/c subst Y:" and "/c subst Z:".
That's normal, GMS2 creates temporary drive mappings when compiling to ensure the file paths are shorter than the character limit.

Update to the latest version (344 runtime was release last July) and make sure you don't have any AV or system protection software running that may be interfering wih the compilation process.