1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Project "Building..." endlessly after running

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Spock14, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Spock14

Spock14 Member

So everytime i run my game, it just says building and counts down from 3 seconds. Once it reaches 0 it just starts going up again. It goes forever because i tried waiting an hour alredy. Also tried making a new project and same thing happened. The output reads as follows:

upload_2019-11-30_20-6-36.png

That's everything
    Also am unable to stop it...
    (update) Some threads say it's the version but it's not because i tried the newest one and got the same exact message except the version different of course. If anyone can, please help.... Thanks in advance for responding :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
    Lê Tuấn Anh likes this.
  2. mikix

mikix Member

You probably should restart your computer.

3. Spock14

Spock14 Member

Tried that already and didn't do anything but i noticed that gamemaker studio 2, when running, it creates 3 more disks on my computer, Local Disk (X:), Local Disk (Y:), Local Disk (Z:)...
    they have the same gigabyte count and free gigabytes as my main Local Disk (C:). I don't know what this means but in the output it mentions something about "/c subst X:" "/c subst Y:" and "/c subst Z:".

4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

That's normal, GMS2 creates temporary drive mappings when compiling to ensure the file paths are shorter than the character limit.

Update to the latest version (344 runtime was release last July) and make sure you don't have any AV or system protection software running that may be interfering wih the compilation process.