• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Programming Animate

N

nazar79

Hello, did the platformer for lessons "Advanced platformer" (as standard physics has ceased to arrange) and encountered a problem in 4 lessons, namely animation. Everything is beautiful there, but Density is set to 0, and I need it to have a certain value. Now I realized this: The player's collision with the box-we change the image, but the animation looks like a wrench, apparently due to the fact that there is no constant collision when moving. Can anyone tell me how to make an adequate animation? Here is the source https://yadi.sk/d/D7SALeFv3FMEfL

G

GriffinTGA

I am not entirely sure what you're asking, but, here is code for my animations.

// Control the sprites
if (yprevious != y) {
sprite_index = spr_jump;
image_speed = 0;
image_index = y>yprevious;
} else {
if (xprevious != x) {
sprite_index = spr_walk;
image_speed = 1;
} else {
sprite_index = spr_stand;
image_speed = 1;
}
}

// Control the direction of the player facing
if (xprevious < x) {
image_xscale = 1;
} else if (xprevious > x) {
image_xscale = -1;
}

N

nazar79

Thanks for your reply, but I'm using box2d physics
In order to understand the question you need to download the source. The problem is that my animation twitches when I collide with a box, a wheel. And sometimes there is an animation zavasanie. I'm ready to even pay for solving the problem.