Portfolio - Programming Experienced, Professional Freelancer ($18/hr)

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
Hi, I am a programmer.

...or am I? Let's see.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv​

Please see my updated portfolio on my site (click here) for updated info

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

I have been making 2D games in GameMaker for some years. I have worked on many small projects but lost most of them in a hard drive crash. You can check out my recent projects below.

What I am willing to work on:
  • Any small/average length project
  • Can be any genre
  • I love working on endless running games
  • I can work on mobile games
  • I can help implement a feature in your game
  • Pixel art
What I am not willing to work on:
  • Longer projects that require commitment (> 2 months)
  • Multiplayer games
If you are confused about whether or not your project fits into those conditions, feel free to contact me.

I am also a Udemy instructor and make tutorials on my website. I can be your personal instructor for $15/hour.

I can teach:

• Data Structures
  • Surfaces
  • Blend Modes
  • Basic Shaders
  • Basic Networking
  • Dialogue Boxes
  • Saving/Loading
  • Much more, if I know about the subject.
I will teach you through text chat. I believe I can do more by text chatting rather than talking over voice chat: I have experience in writing tutorials and can explain a lot better and faster if I am typing. It's also easier to go back and reread the text, for the learner.

Rocket League 2D

Chess

Hexagon Grid Engine (Not Released)
A grid engine with hexagonal tiles instead of square ones.

GIF

Water Shader

My previous jam game (made in 3 days)

My game for the Lowrez jam:

Play here
(Art by someone else, but all programming by me)

2D Minecraft I could not continue work on:

My website, where I make tutorials

My YouTube channel

My Udemy page

You can mail me at [email protected] or add me on Discord (matharoo#2804).

My rate: $18/hr

Last edited:
This guy does really excellent work. I hired him to code an overworld system for my RPG game. He was able to do exactly what I requested of him within a small period of time. This guy works efficiently and his coding and commenting is very easy to understand. He was quick to respond to any questions I had about to code and not hard to communicate with at all.

R

Romain Courtois

Matharoo is a great professional. Talented, conscientious and sincerely attentive, he easily understood what I need.
I found him through is tutorial blog and hired him to code an advanced minimap system. The result was perfect.

C

Chris Goodwin

I was looking for somebody not to only help me on a one-time project, but a virtual partner. This person needed to be able to take minimal input and be able to run with it. Good communication and an understanding of project work flows was a must along with ninja like GML skills. I hired a few different freelancers to see who would surface to the top. In conducting this test Gurpreet was a clear winner high above the rest. He communicates as good as anybody. He sends videos/animated gifs of progress and responds in a quick time. He also has great intuitive thoughts and helps not only work on the task at hand, but helping the overall project progress with key insight and ideas. I plan on having a long and fruitful relationship with Gurpreet as we have already worked on three projects and I don’t plan on stopping. I am Super Goodwin and he is Super Gurpreet!
-Chris (Super) Goodwin