• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Program not trusted

Hey, I sent my program to a friend to try it out, but he was told the program could have viruses and the only option he had was to cancel.
Is there any way around this?
I also tried sending a zip with the required files instead of the installer, but the same thing happened.

H

Heat4Life

GM:S doesn't have a Virus UNLESS you implement your own Virus inside that file. Your friend might be lying because maybe He don't want to try out GameMaker: Studio...

GM:S doesn't have a Virus UNLESS you implement your own Virus inside that file. Your friend might be lying because maybe He don't want to try out GameMaker: Studio...
Nah, his pc actually doesn't want to run it. I know it doesn't have a virus, I programmed it myself, I didn't make a virus :p
Perhaps it isn't trusted because it hasn't ever been run before, or something.
Maybe I should ask him to send a screenshot of the message.

T

TDSrock

Hit the button: advanced option or more options
Then an ignore button will appear for the warning message which will let the other user install the game.(Your friend did not look closely enough to the pop-up!)

EDIT: By the way, why does this occur? Well Gamemaker is asking your computer access to some files that most programs don't need to, and those that do have already gotten themselves verified. Basically your new .exe or installer or whatever you are exporting out of gm is so new and access some very important files that windows is letting it's user know that he really has to trust the source here or suffer the consequences.

Last edited by a moderator: