• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Program Error... when starting game in Debug Mode on macOS Sierra

B

bigloo

Hello everybody,

I am using macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and Gamemaker Studio 2 IDE Version 2.0.7.173 (Current Runtime 2.0.7.110). I have a problem starting my game in debug mode on Mac.

If I pressed the application starts compiling and the game window opens. But it keeps black and a error popup appears (look at the attached screenshot):

Exception:GetModueHandle at (wrapper managed-to-native) GMDebug.Debugger.KeyboardManager:GetModuleHandle(string) ....

crash_mac_debug.png

I know Mac version is on Beta, but perhaps somebody can help me.

Regards

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hello everybody,

I am using macOS Sierra 10.12.5 and Gamemaker Studio 2 IDE Version 2.0.7.173 (Current Runtime 2.0.7.110). I have a problem starting my game in debug mode on Mac.

If I pressed the application starts compiling and the game window opens. But it keeps black and a error popup appears (look at the attached screenshot):

Exception:GetModueHandle at (wrapper managed-to-native) GMDebug.Debugger.KeyboardManager:GetModuleHandle(string) ....

View attachment 10796

I know Mac version is on Beta, but perhaps somebody can help me.

Regards
If you read the known issues, you'll see that debug mode is not working and show_debug_message doesn't work either :)

B

bigloo

Ok, thank you. So i have to switch back to windows meanwhile :)