• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Program crashes immediately in remote desktop session

F

Frank

As title says when trying to launch app in remote desktop session it crashes instantly. I usually use my Mac pro with the Microsoft remote desktop app for everything. A window pops up saying GameMaker Studio 2 has stopped working. App loads up fine when not using remote desktop app. Using Windows 10 Pro, and have GMS2 v2.0.3.56. Any ideas on how to fix?

• Sad
Reactions: Mut

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The IDE for GMS 2 seems much more DirectX-dependent than GMS 1, and the direct consequence of that is worse compatibility with Remote Desktop.

What happens if you try something like VNC or TeamViewer, for instance?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Remote desktop "under windows" should work. If you go into the program directory, then go into the mesa folder you'll find a opengl.dll in there. copy that into the main program folder.

Then try again....

F

Frank

Thanks for the replies! Good news! TeamViewer worked, although very sluggishly... Better news! Copying that opengl32.dll from mesa to main directory got it working using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, which is what functions by far the best overall for me. This will hold me over until the Mac OS version drops later this year.

Thanks again guys!!

D

DashK

Remote desktop "under windows" should work. If you go into the program directory, then go into the mesa folder you'll find a opengl.dll in there. copy that into the main program folder.

Then try again....
RDPing from OSX or Linux also results in a crash when trying to start GM2. Moving a DLL is not an option in those cases.

If the program is already started and one RDPs in things appear to work normally. Having the program open before launch is currently my work around.