Portfolio - Programming Professionally Experienced Programmer (9+ years of experience)

Introduction:
Greetings and salutations, I am Mason Thompsen, an independent contractor with over 9 years of Game Maker Studio programming experience under my belt. I have programmed games, shaders, demos, senior projects, map designers, and assorted other applications. I begin programming what seems like yesterday, but reflecting back it's been all of 9 years. I begin programming in JavaScript at the age of 10 years of age, when my mother introduced me to Khan Academy. I have been programming every year since, with a business opened in 2015, and closed for nearly a year now due to housing issues and a rough patch in my life. But I'm back!

Portfolio:
I have worked on Cookie Swirl World, a game which has been downloaded over 1,000,000 times, and is rated 4.6/5 stars. I was hired on by Alex Montgomery (contact is available on the website: Contact | Dyad Games )
1632089461034.png1632089445823.png1632089499528.png

Among other things, I worked on the UI, Game Play, Minigames, Visual Effects, GUI, and Menu system for the game.

I have also worked on shaders before:

Dolphin Improved (shadertoy.com) (warning: due to an undetermined bug, the image may differ based on PC specs. The above image was captured using 32GB ram and a Nivida 3080 GPU)

I also worked alongside Lange and the team on the Sonic MAX engine, working on graphical shaders, level design implementation, and gameplay elements:
sonic max engine demo - YouTube

For my final piece of showcase work, I point you to Purity of Blood, a 2D Hack-n-slash which I did intensive graphical and gameplay work on, and have worked on nearly every aspect of, including custom room loading system, map designer, and more.
Alpha - Pure Blood: A Metroidvania Hack & Slash | GameMaker Community (yoyogames.com)
1632092018744.png

My most recent project is the online combat card game Screenplay. I worked on general gameplay, bug fixes, user interface including the pause menu, main menu, and card collection screens, user experience including button interactions, and online functionality.
1663919444168.png

I was also interviewed by Shout Radio for this project, and that interview can be seen here.

Skills:
I currently know the following languages:
1. GML
2. GLSL/ES
3. HLSL
4. Python
5. UnityScript
6. JavaScript
7. Java
8. C Suite (C, C++,C#)
9. Json
10. HTML/CSS
11. R

I am capable of networking, shader coding in both HLSL and GLSL, Project Optimization, UI Design, Artificial Intelligence (including advanced pathfinding), Automation, Game Play, Mini Games, Map Design Tools Development (level designers), and a host of other skills. Basically, contact me about it, and I'll let you know if I'm incapable of performing the task :)

College Accreditation:
I also have obtained an A (95%+ grade) in the following college level classes:
MIT 105: 2 Dimensional Design I
MIT 115: Introduction to Scripting/Programming I
MIT 205: 2 Dimensional Design II
MIT 215: Introduction to Scripting/Programming II
MIT 235: User Interface Design
I was Magna 💩💩💩 Laude (meaning top of my class) in each of these classes.)
Transcripts are available on request by potential employers.

External Accreditation:
In addition, I am certified through CompTia for the A+ and IT Fundamentals (see this link for more information: (IT) Information Technology Certifications | CompTIA IT Certifications)

Payment and Contact:
I am currently taking programming work for $30 an hour in United States Dollars. This amount can be paid through Venmo, or CashApp, though CashApp is preferred.
You can contact me on discord at Mason Thompsen#5238, by DMing me here, or by shooting me an email at [email protected]. I check daily in the evenings around 4:00 PM PST (UTC-7).
I look forward to working with you!

Mason W. Thompsen

Last edited: