• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

problems with my lights and shadow

M

mortelkill

Hi, i have been trying for quite some time to create lighting for one of my game, but i am not very talented with coding. Using a bunch of tutorial and a bit of work of my own i managed to craft this frankenstein monster of a lighting system but there are a few issues which i couldn' t resolve.

the game use game maker legacy 8.1

large drawing on the upper left part of the room can be found ,it seem to be some sort of residue which accumulate each time the room restart. If the player re-enter the room many time, it seem that the accumulation eventually cause the surface to stop working. The surface also sometime doesnt cover the entire room as it should

The code can all be found within the objects of the lighting folder and the scripts

thanks for the help, if possible i would like some explanation of the problem if someone does find it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4df4fbm0jqd1bnx/Headen.gm81?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mortelkill

I posted the link to the file, thanks for waiting

Last edited by a moderator: