• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Problems with Google Cloud saving in GMS2

@Jizo

Hey everyone,

I've been struggling to get Cloud saving working in GMS2 for a long time now. I've basically tried every tutorial I could find.

Recently I've followed this tutorial https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cloud-saving-on-android.27685/
There is also a Marketplace asset, Cloud Saving by Pelistar, but it's basically the same that above tutorial and it gives same crash.

Every time I click my cloud save or load buttons, the game just crashes with a "App has stopped working" -message.

Anyone knows what might be a problem?

The crash seems to happen every time it tries to execute cloud commands like cloud_synchronize().

Or is it possible that there's a bug related to this in GMS2?

I am pretty new with this cloud stuff. I have IAPs and Google leaderboards in my game and they work just fine.
I have Google Services and Google Cloud saving enabled in Android Options.

If anyone have an idea how to get this working, please let me know :)

C

Cowlord

Have the same issue... anyone know how to get cloud saving to work with GMS2?

Still57

In your GMS2 console if it says something like "Saved games needs to be enabled" do this:
In your Google Play Console go to your Game Services, click on the game you are trying to get cloud saving working for. Go to Game Details and make sure Saved Games is on. Also in the left pane go to Testing and add the account address you want to test with. Now go back to the main page and click on Settings. Under the Developer Account drop-down menu there should be Account Details. Click on that, scroll down and you will see a section called License Testing. Add your account address there as well. I'm not entirely sure the License Testing part is needed, but do it just to be on the safe side.