• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Problems with GMS 2.

S

steskle

I've been using Game Maker for years, back when there was GM8 and its predecessors.
Because of work stuff I had to drop that hobby and switch to a Mac (currently running with El Captain).

Years later, I finally come back and I can't even buy the 2012 Game Maker for Mac so I have no choice but to download the lite version (with the intention of buying it) of Game Maker Studio 2 and boy I sure hope they didn't change the rules in GML and all that stuff because right now I feel like I have to re-learn everything.

Long story short, I launch the program and yeah, why not, let's learn the basics again.
I download the Lite Platform Example (the one with the ghost) but once I try to launch the game, nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, it just "compiles" it forever (it gets stuck and "SPRT"). I close the project and I then try to re-open it (the .yyp file). Nothing happens. GMS2 never freezes or anything: it simply doesn't visibly interact with those files and so I'm stuck with a blank, empty grey window.

However, since I do want to like GMS, I tried with a different tutorial, the Dungeon one.
And that one... seems to work. Even when I re-open it. It works fine I think.

So... what is happening?
Am I doing something wrong?
I want to make sure the program works fine before starting my own thing or even buying it.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Now it seems to work fine.
Sorry for the "spam".
But I'm pretty sure I'll have other questions...

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: