• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Problems with exported project

H

Harmanz

At first i wish to say few things
1. GM:Studio was most simple IDE ever, that i allways adviced to all my friends, who wanted to begin to create games. GM:Studio 2 - one of the most strange and complicated IDE's
2. Why the hell i need such complicated password to join forums?

Now, about my problems.

I am trying to export my GM:S project to GM:S2.

Here is compiler errors that i cant handle with

1. WTF is this? I have no such scripts. Double-click doesnt leads me anywhere

Same thing with this

is it problems with some basic (not mine) scripts?

2. IDE says "unknown function"

but double click leads me to instance where is this script used

It looks like IDE knows what is it, because string is orange, so its marked as "user script"

and its all Ok with script code. How to fix this problem? I need this damn script. I tried to delete it and re-create, but have problem anyway

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
(snip)
is it problems with some basic (not mine) scripts?
Scripts such as __view_get and draw_set_blend_mode etc. are so-called "compatibility scripts" that Studio 2 automatically creates when you import a Studio 1 project with obsolete functions. Studio 2 replaces those old functions with Studio 2 scripts that have the same function (or nearly so). At least, that's the idea.

They've always worked fine for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of them might occasionally fail, or cause errors under certain circumstances. IMO they aren't intended as a final solution -- but rather something to help you fix obsolete code.

Either way, those auto-created scripts should appear in your resource tree under Scripts.

My approach when importing Studio 1 projects, is to re-write my code with the new Studio 2 functions, and not rely on the compatibility scripts. But those auto-created scripts can help you with the re-write.

Last edited:
H

Harmanz

i have no problem to re-write a bit of code without obsolete functions, but i cant find this part of code where i used them %) what is all this "ls_system_draw" and other mentioned scripts in log?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Were you using extensions in the gms1.4 project? Those scripts don't look like compatibility scripts, they look for like scripts from a GM8 DnD extension or something similar.... so is the 1.4 project a project that you started in GM8 or something? Also, note that While the compatibility scripts will permit a GM:S 1.4 project to compile and run, editing your project afterwards requires a great deal of care and you should analyse all the compatibility scripts that are created to make sure you understand them.

EDIT: Yep, those INI functions are from an extension: http://www.game-maker.nl/forums/topic,70874.5/imode

You can't expect extensions from previous versions to work. You really should finish any old projects in the version they were made in and simply start new projects in GMS2.

H

Harmanz

Great, you was right. Thanks a lot! The only problem i have now, is this:

2. IDE says "unknown function"

but double click leads me to instance where is this script used

It looks like IDE knows what is it, because string is orange, so its marked as "user script"

and its all Ok with script code. How to fix this problem? I need this damn script. I tried to delete it and re-create, but have problem anyway
UPD :
No, i was wrong, that's not my only problem =\ I deleted this string just to try run game, and all i got is this:

No errors, but no game runned

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
That string you deleted has to belong to an extension too as it's not a GML function (past or previous)... so, what I'd do if you really want to import this game into 2 is open it in 1.4, remove ALL the extensions and libraries and stuff that isn't native GML/DnD, get it to run in 1.4 without that stuff, then import it into GMS2.